Elayaraja, a master artist in Oil paintings from Chennai, Tamil Nadu
He is famed for the flamboyant depiction of Dravidian women in his paintings
In this course, he demonstrates the basics of oil painting skills through a live portrait work.
His usual style in all his famous works is Dry technique which is worked across several days. However for the sake of demonstration in this course, he has employed a Wet on Wet technique.
Through this course he demonstrates:
- Drawing from a live model.
- Painting realistic skin and hair tones.
- Working on palette to achieve the desired skin tone.
- Realistic way to paint eyes.
- Finishing up with jewellery and drapery.
Coming Soon: A full length classroom from the master artist, explaining portrait from the basic anatomy of human face and also a complete video on his secret technique to paint hyperrealistic portraits.
- Winsor and newton oil paints
- Pebeo oil paints.
- Winsor and newton liquin impasto
- Linseed oil
- Hog hair brushes
- Palette knife
- Stretched Canvas